- Keynote Speaker, "Protecting Your Brand Through a Compliance, Litigation or Culture Crisis," 7th Annual Institute on Law and Policy (November 2017)
- Speaker, Benchmark Women in Business Law Forum (September 2017)
- Speaker, Hispanic National Bar Association’s Annual Convention, “How Corporations Can Drive Diversity in the Legal Profession” (September 2017)
- Speaker, SoCal General Counsel Roundtable, “Internal and Government Investigations” (May 2017)
- NACD Global Board Leaders’ fireside chat (February 2017)
- Panelist on “Corporate Resiliency” at the September 2016 NACD Global Board Leaders’ Summit
- Panelist on the July 2016 “Limitless Potential: Unlocking the Best in Individuals and Organizations,” at the Women of ACG Los Angeles Annual Executive Meeting
- Panelist for the July 2016 American Jewish Federation Legal Division panel “What Do General Counsel’s Want?”
- Panelist on “Building an Ethical Corporate Culture” at the May 2016 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) “The Effective General Counsel in the Boardroom” conference
- Guest, TheBizFix’s podcast (by Drew Koven on Apple Podcasts) (August 2017) listen here
Chelsea A. Grayson
Grayson currently sits on the board of directors of Delta Dental and True Religion.
Previously, Grayson was the CEO and a board member of American Apparel (formerly NYSE MKT: APP), a $650M vertically integrated apparel manufacturer (the largest in North America) (all Made in USA products) with a 50-country global footprint, served by 250 retail locations, a digital retail site and a wholesale business. She significantly improved the Company's operations and supply chain. She then successfully sold the company to Gildan Activewear Inc. (NYSE: GIL).
Grayson first joined American Apparel as its General Counsel, Chief Administrative Officer and Executive Vice President. In that role, she oversaw and had full P&L responsibility for the Legal Department, the Human Resources Department, the Environmental, Health & Safety Department and the Risk Management Department. She also managed investor and corporate public relations for the Company and acted as the Corporate Secretary for the Company's Board of Directors.
Prior to joining American Apparel, Grayson was a partner in the M&A/corporate governance practice groups of Jones Day and Loeb & Loeb.
Grayson is a Board Leadership Fellow and a Corporate Governance Fellow with the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD). She is also a member of the Committee of 200 (C200) the preeminent global organization for women business leaders (membership is by nomination and election only). She is a recipient of the In-House Impact Award from The Recorder (The American Lawyer) and of the 40 Under 40 Recognition Award from the M&A Advisor. She was also named one of "L.A.'s Top 40 Dealmakers" in the Los Angeles Business Journal "Who's Who in L.A. Law".